I am so behind on my blogging and the more time that passes, the more memories I am missing...So, I decided I should at least capture the highlights of November. The month flew by so quickly, I feel a little like I have whiplash.
Anna Cate's Gym Show

Anna Cate started gym class this summer and she has really enjoyed it. The gym hosted a competition for all the little ones that are not actually able to compete at the team level. Anna Cate was so excited that I thought I might have to pull her out of the gym because she was acting up so. But, she pulled it together and ended up finishing second in her class.
She was so proud of her metal that she wore it for the next two days.
I was really proud to see her congratulate the little girl who won first place and hear her tell her, "You did a really good job."
New MoonLast Christmas, I began reading the
Twilight series and was immediately hooked. The first movie was such a disappointment, but I was hoping that with an increased budget the second would better reflect the book. A few of my AZ friends also really enjoyed the series and we planned to see the movie the weekend it was released. We had so much fun! We met two other couples (yes, we managed to talk the guys into going too) for cocktails and dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and then arrived at the theater 45 minutes early to ensure we would get seats. The movie didn't entirely capture the feel of the characters' emotions in the book, but there were some high points. It was fun spending time with friends on an activity that didn't at least somewhat center around our children.
Molly's Birthday
Anna Cate has developed the cutest little relationship with one of her classmates

from Eagleridge. They pretend they are sisters because they, "both have some blond hair, both like Narnia and both LOVE dogs". (I wish adult relationships could be that easy) So, when Molly's birthday came around, she choose AC to be the one friend she would invite to Build-a-Bear and lunch at the mall. I wish I could have recorded their laughter and the smiles on their faces when they saw one another and running down the sidewalk, arms outstretched, to greet one another. We had lunch, made cute stuffed animals and then spent some time in the puppy store. The girls were laughing and playing and having the best time. An added bonus was that I was able to spend some time chatting with another home school mom, who is much more experienced than me and always a new perspective.
Holiday Visitors

Both Nana and Gigi were able to visit us this month. The last Gigi was here we drove up to Sedona and explored Slide Rock State Park. We had the best time walking along the river and playing hide and seek amongst the rocks and forest. Nana visited soon after. She was recovering from mersa so the trip was very subdued. We did manage a trip in to BJ's and took AC to see
Planet 51. Matthew and I also saw
Blindside, which I highly recommend.
It was a fun and busy month that brought us swiftly into the Holiday season.
No comments:
Post a Comment