"Mom! Guess what?! We voted to see who from our class would get to go to the Student Council meetings and I got TWO VOTES!"Those were the first words that came out of Anna Cate's mouth when she entered the car last Friday after school. She then went on to tell me that every member of the class was nominated and each student could vote for one person. The students could not vote for themselves. Two girls received three votes so the class then held a run-off to see who would hold the honor of class representative.
After explaining the whole episode to me, she added, "I felt like I was going to cry." Okay, this seemed a little more like what I was expecting, or maybe I should say, what I would have felt like doing. But not wanting to assume I knew what she was feeling I asked her why she felt like crying. She answered, "Because two people really believed in me; TWO people really thought I was responsible enough to go to all the meetings for them; It really meant a lot to me."
Once again, my daughter taught me an entirely new perspective. It wasn't the winning that mattered, but that someone saw her strengths and trusted her. I'm going to have to remember this one.
I'm including this other picture to remember her goofy self. I wanted so badly to pull her hair out of her face and return the bow to it's place, but then I decided that there will plenty of time for her to worry about looking perfect - for now I'm glad she is comfortable being just AC.

No comments:
Post a Comment