Friday, April 17, 2009

Our Favorite Quotes


Our life is filled with funny sayings these days, usually originating from Anna Cate. Here are some of our favorites...

Me: Why did you put a capital "T" in the middle of the word, silly girl?
AC: (shrugging her shoulders)That's the way I do it, that's just how I roll.


Me: Yeah, your granddaddy works for a company that makes vitamins for chicken producers to give to the chickens.
AC: Why? They're just gonna die anyway.


AC: I feel like those pressinism people, Mom, I can't focus! (Impressionism artists)


A song on Christian Contemporary Radio contains the lyrics, "I'm free to be me, you're free to be you"
AC: Mom, what does this song mean?
Me: Well, it means God mades us a certain way and we shouldn't let anyone tell us to be different from the way God meant us to be.
(a 15 second silence passes)
AC: So...it's ok if I pick my nose.

Somedays Anna Cate likes to ride her bike alongside Matthew as he goes for his jog. On a recent trip, she fell and skinned both knees...
Matthew: Anna Cate, you gotta be more careful. Pay attention to what you're doing.
Anna Cate: You don't know how hard it is to be a little girl, whose riding a bike with two hurt knees...that are bleeding and have her Dad mouthin' at her!

Anna Cate: Mom, come here, look! They're meeting! That means they are going to have a baby!
(On the Wii SimsAnimals game, the animals "mate" by rubbing noses and then they have babies. AC didn't recognize the word "mating", so she just thought it said "meeting".)

"I promise to be perfect for the rest of this week...but, I'm not making any promises about next week."

"I'm not all the way over it, I still think you are an evil genius." (What AC said to me after a recent argument we had.)

"You're driving me sane!"

AC: "hee, hee, it looks like a little weenie!"
Me: "What? Do you mean bikini?"
AC: "Oh, yeah, bikini."

Anna Cate and I were snuggling and giving one another kisses. She pulled back and I asked, "Is my breath a little stinky?"
She answered, "No, I just wanted to see your beautiful face."

"I don't throw up, I just get conscious." (I think she meant nauseous)

No comments:

Post a Comment